Dr. Grandin’s passion is in full force as she clearly defines what parents and kids need to be doing and how to prepare for the next stage of their lives. Her philosophy of “Mentors are attracted to talent” offers as a great reminder of getting kids “doing” things that fit their ability.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What problems is she seeing in the autism community?
- Why it is important to stretch kids abilities.
- The three different types of thinkers and how they learn.
- How she thinks in pictures, and how she uses this to succeed.
- Why young kids should learn to work early.
- How parents can help kids make friends & more.
This is a partnership between us and the listeners.
We need you, the listener, to help shape this show.
First, we ask that you leave a review for us on iTunes. This is a very important piece to the success of any podcast, and we are striving to provide the best content possible for people who live with autism in their lives. We can’t thank you enough for that support.
Secondly, word of mouth is the most powerful way to let other know about our podcast. Please tell a friend or share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Finally, and most important, we want to hear from you. Please send us an email with questions you would like us to ask the therapists, we will be devoting full shows on just email questions. We would also love to hear your suggestions, tips, and even ideas for future guests.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s free!
Thank you for listening.