Laura is a BCBA at BY YOUR SIDE. She received her Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis, from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in 2010. Laura’s interest in working with individuals with developmental disabilities started at an early age of 16 while working as a nanny, where she first observed the outstanding effects that ABA therapy provided for children with autism.
In this episode we discuss:
- The difference between focused and comprehensive ABA Therapy.
- Different treatment plans and how a therapist picks the most suitable one depending on the child
- Which ABA model also includes parent training
- What is a treatment plan? What goes into it?
- What is behavior management?
- How parents biggest concerns and short term goals work together for a child who comes in for therapy after being diagnosed.
This is a partnership between us and the listeners.
We need you, the listener, to help shape this show.
First, we ask that you leave a review for us on iTunes. This is a very important piece to the success of any podcast, and we are striving to provide the best content possible for people who live with autism in their lives. We can’t thank you enough for that support.
Secondly, word of mouth is the most powerful way to let other know about our podcast. Please tell a friend or share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Finally, and most important, we want to hear from you. Please send us an email with questions you would like us to ask the therapists, we will be devoting full shows on just email questions. We would also love to hear your suggestions, tips, and even ideas for future guests.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s free!
Thank you for listening.