COVID-19 Updates/Safety Measures
BYS reopened all Center-based and select In-home therapy beginning April 29th to support our families that requested to return to therapy.
To help ensure the safety of our clients and employees, BYS has installed new Dust-Free MicroPure Air Purifying Systems into our HVAC systems in every center. These state-of-the-art air purification systems utilize technology designed by NASA to continuously sanitize both the air and ductwork through the elimination of dust, viruses, germs, and more. Watch a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWVY3nHZ9I
BYS is also committed to adhering to all CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. The following is the list of the safety measures and protocols we have put in place:
Social Distancing/Precautionary Health Measures
· Curbside Pick-Up and Drop-Off areas: to mitigate overcrowding when clients arrive for therapy or exit after therapy.
· Room occupancy limits: All administrative and therapy rooms at BYS have room occupancy limits to reduce overcrowding and promote social distancing.
· Health Screening: All employees and clients will go through a thorough health screening (shown below) before entering the clinic. Failed client health screenings will result in cancellation of therapy until symptoms are no longer present or a COVID-19 test is negative.
· Restriction of visitors in our center: All visitors must have prior approval before entering the clinic, wear a mask, and must pass our health screening.
· Masks: All employees and medically capable clients must wear masks when in the clinic.
· BYS will be implementing a routine hospital grade cleaning service, called EnviroShield, which is an eco-friendly disinfectant that is sprayed on all surfaces and throughout our entire center.
· Therapists are required to sanitize in between each therapy session.
· Children will be required to wash/sanitize their hands upon arrival to the center and before starting therapy.
· BYS has implemented a deep cleaning protocol, in which our staff cleans and sanitizes every surface in the center three times every day.
· We have a designated Wellness Room that is utilized only for clients who are not feeling well. This room serves as a relaxing environment for clients until their parents arrive for pick-up. It is then deep-cleaned after each use.
· BYS has installed new Dust-Free MicroPure Air Purifying Systems into our HVAC systems in every center. These state-of-the-art air purification systems utilize technology designed by NASA to continuously sanitize both the air and ductwork through the elimination of dust, viruses, germs, and more. Watch a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWVY3nHZ9I
Health Screening Questionnaire
Name(s): ___________________________________________________________________ Date: ________________
- Have you or anyone in your household exhibited any symptoms of a cold or flu in the last 24-Hours, including but not limited to:
- Sustainable Cough: Y/N
- Fever of 100.4 or greater: Y/N (clinician to check temp)
- Temp Reading: ___________
- Shortness of Breath: Y/N
- Lost of taste or smell: Y/N
- Other: ______________________________
- Do you or anyone in your household exhibit at least two of the following symptoms?
- Sore Throat: Y/N
- Chills: Y/N
- Repeated shaking with chills: Y/N
- Muscle ache: Y/N
- Diarrhea: Y/N
- Headache: Y/N
- Fatigue: Y/N
- Nausea or vomiting: Y/N
- Congestion or runny nose: Y/N
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19? Y/N
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days? Y/N
- Have you been in close contact with anyone that has traveled internationally in the last 14 days? Y/N
- Do you live in the City of Chicago, and have traveled domestically to one of the *Hot Spots? Y/N
*Hot Spots: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged, or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
A “yes” answer to any of these questions will lead to a cancellation of the session and will be reassessed every 24-Hours. BY YOUR SIDE has the right to request a medical note in order to resume therapy services.
Employee/Client Signature : ___________________________________________________________________
By my signature above, I certify the information I provided on and in connection with this form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I also understand that any false statements or deliberate omissions on this form may subject me to legal actions for fraudulent misrepresentation.
|Clinician Initials: _______________||Auditor Initials:______________________|
New Locations & Service Areas!
Phone: (224) 470-1111
Serving Vernon Hills, Mundelein, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Long Grove, Lake Zurich, Buffalo Grove, Lake Forest, Grayslake, Mettawa, Highland Park, Deerfield, Hawthorn Woods, Riverwoods, Lake Bluff, Wauconda, and more!