An emotional and a poignant interview with three of BY YOUR SIDE’s ABA therapists, each who have a younger brother with autism. Alex, Lizzie, and Natalija give their insights to being in a profession that hits close to home.
- How having a brother on the spectrum helps in becoming a better sister and a therapist
- Differences the therapists noticed while growing up in the family and how they dealt with different situations
- Strategies their parents and they used to cope up with various social gatherings such as stores and churches etc.
- The idea of “growing up” sooner than others while having a sibling on the autism spectrum
- How having an individual on the spectrum has brought their families close together
This is a partnership between us and the listeners.
We need you, the listener, to help shape this show.
First, we ask that you leave a review for us on iTunes. This is a very important piece to the success of any podcast, and we are striving to provide the best content possible for people who live with autism in their lives. We can’t thank you enough for that support.
Secondly, word of mouth is the most powerful way to let other know about our podcast. Please tell a friend or share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Finally, and most important, we want to hear from you. Please send us an email with questions you would like us to ask the therapists, we will be devoting full shows on just email questions. We would also love to hear your suggestions, tips, and even ideas for future guests.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s free!
Thank you for listening.