Lianne Paterson is a parent with a child on the spectrum and gives an open look into how her son's diagnoses changed her as a person, parent, and wife. Lianne's insight into her world ranges from dinner time, damaged furniture, and sleepless nights.
In this episode we discuss:
- What her nights look like now.
- How life is different with Timothy.
- How she deals with different rules for her other children.
- How she talks to her other children about Timothy.
- Why they still go to restaurants, even if it's hard.
- Flying on an airplane to Europe.
- The one thing she would have done differently after her son's diagnosis.
- How she found gifts from the experience.
This is a partnership between us and the listeners.
We need you, the listener, to help shape this show.
First, we ask that you leave a review for us on iTunes. This is a very important piece to the success of any podcast, and we are striving to provide the best content possible for people who live with autism in their lives. We can’t thank you enough for that support.
Secondly, word of mouth is the most powerful way to let other know about our podcast. Please tell a friend or share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Finally, and most important, we want to hear from you. Please send us an email with questions you would like us to ask the therapists, we will be devoting full shows on just email questions. We would also love to hear your suggestions, tips, and even ideas for future guests.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s free!
Thank you for listening.