BYS 006 Cindy Zinzer: Parent of a child with autism
Cindy has a 9 year old daughter who has been dealing with seizures her whole life. Cindy talks about a very scary moment in the middle of the night where her daughter was having an episode, and a touching insight when her other daughter wrote a paper for school about her sister seizures, a feeling Cindy never knew until she finished reading the assignment.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Cindy talks about Rebecca and her seizure history and how her daughter has to sleep with her as she has the episodes at night.
- Cindy gives an insight to what real lack of sleep looks like.
- Talks about the challenges of Rebecca’s rocking and how it has destroyed furniture and the captains chair in the car. Problem is, she rocks when she’s happy. Cindy talk about ways to keep the rocking down
- Give advice of the one thing that she feels has helped her the most with Rebecca
- A long overdue vacation for the family and what it did for them. Plus the power of the ocean.
This is a partnership between us and the listeners.
We need you, the listener, to help shape this show.
First, we ask that you leave a review for us on iTunes. This is a very important piece to the success of any podcast, and we are striving to provide the best content possible for people who live with autism in their lives. We can’t thank you enough for that support.
Secondly, word of mouth is the most powerful way to let other know about our podcast. Please tell a friend or share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of this post.
Finally, and most important, we want to hear from you. Please send us an email with questions you would like us to ask the therapists, we will be devoting full shows on just email questions. We would also love to hear your suggestions, tips, and even ideas for future guests.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes. It’s free!
Thank you for listening.