BY YOUR SIDE has earned a 2-Year BHCOE Accreditation!
The BHCOE, or Behavior Health Center of Excellence, accreditation is an earned certification and a distinction among ABA providers that demonstrates an organization’s commitment to quality and continuous improvement in Applied Behavior Analysis. The BHCOE grants accreditations to organizations that meet very specific standards for clinical and operational quality.
BHCOE Accreditation serves as a consumer protection mechanism that indicates the organization’s commitment to quality improvement, transparency, and accountability. Acting as a third party, the organization systematically measures and reports on existing quality criteria in the behavior analysis community using standardized methods and practices and accredits only those service agencies that meet these standards. Collectively, BHCOE accredited organizations lead a growing movement of behavioral health providers that aim to increase the collective quality of services worldwide.
During the evaluation process, the BHCOE reviewed BYS policies and sought feedback from both internal and external sources. They completed semi-structured interviews and surveyed large samples of BYS leadership, employees, and parents/guardians. They also conducted direct observations of clinical sessions to measure the quality of services delivered as well.
The core areas that were evaluated in which BYS met or exceeded standards included:
- Ethical and professional practice
- Qualified and adequately trained employees
- Evidence-based assessment and treatment programming
- High levels of parent/guardian engagement and involvement
- Collaboration and coordination of care
- Accessibility to services
- Patient satisfaction built on a culture of patient education
- Employee satisfaction built on supportive supervision, promotion of professional growth, and a healthy organizational culture
- Intentional diversification, application of equitable policies and procedures, and promotion of inclusion
- Continuous measures of patient outcomes
- Promotion of patient health, safety, and security